Our therapeutic Alcohol Rehab Abroad Program focuses on the needs of each individual as a whole. Our approach in addictive rehabilitation is cognitive-behavioural, with a biopsychosocial focus.
Through this method, in our alcohol and drug rehabilitation centre in Portugal we seek to make the person self-aware of his/her problem. For international inpatients, the program is provided in English.
Dianova is one of the oldest drug and alcohol rehab centres in Europe, helping people recovering from alcohol and drug abuse for more than 35 years.
Alcohol abuse treatment
Alcoholism is a chronic disease that affects hundreds of thousands of people all over the world. It can be influenced either by genetic factors, environmental, or both. The condition itself is not curable, but it can be treated and managed through a successful alcohol rehabilitation program. And although the patient’s desire to cut down any substance abuse can exist; it is increasingly difficult or impossible to achieve on your own.
The symptoms may include:
- Increased tolerance to large amounts of drinking.
- Drinking over long periods.
- Preferring drinking to social or family activities.
- Neglecting your professional or family’s responsibilities.
- Becoming anxious about the availability of drinks.
- Not being able to cut down or reduce consumption even when you want to.
- Experience withdrawal symptoms when you don´t drink, such as tremors, sweating, seizures, insomnia, high pulse rate or even hallucinations.
At Dianova Alcohol Rehab Abroad program, you can count on addiction professionals who ensure each patient the highest level of care. Our team´s expertise ranges from General Medicine, Psychiatry, Psychology, Social Work, Social Education, and others.